EUROCITIES STATEMENT ON TTIP AND FUTURE AGREEMENTS
Statement by Eurocities published in May 2016.
The organisation of European cities formulates demands on:
- Considering cities as key partners in the negotiations;
- Explicitly excluding public services from the cope of TTIP;
- Safeguarding and maintaining EU public procurement rules;
- Safeguarding and maintaining European social, labour and environmental standards;
- Settling dipsute between investors and states through national courts.
All these demands are also relevant for the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) and the Trade in Services Agreements (TiSA).